The kind of soles you have on your footwear may have a major impact on your well being. How is that possible you say? Those soles are probably made of plastic or rubber and are basically an insulator.
James Oschman PhD has shown (see earthinginstitute.net) that the earth acts as a huge reservoir of electrons and when we walk on the ground with bare feet or when we wear natural materials on our feet such as leather these electrons are able pass freely into our bodies. These free electrons are a natural anti-oxidant.
Grounding to the earth by going barefoot is documented to provide the following benefits:
- improves sleep
- reduces inflammation (and there is a close relationship between inflammation and virtually all chronic disease and even the aging process itself)
- reduces pain
- causes a rapid shift from sympathetic to parasympathetic nervous system thereby promoting relaxation
- helps the heart by improving heart rate variability
- reduces blood viscosity and improves blood pressure & circulation
- accelerates healing of injuries
- reduces the primary indicators of osteoporosis
Grounding may also improve:
- thyroid function
- heart arrhythmia
- autoimmune conditions such as lupus, multiple sclerosis, & rheumatoid arthritis
I have personally experienced major improvements in jet lag blues after 30-60 minutes of grounding with my bare feet on a lawn. Best of all it is fun and absolutely 100% free of charge!
PS I gratefully accept your comments and feedback.
May there be peace in our hearts.
May there be peace for all humanity.